The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1031 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/12
I enjoyed your article. Your opening sentence was great as a way to keep me reading. Good to hear that your writing has taken off.I like your finishing sentence too. 'You are not expired...etc.' Great message.
10/20/12
That's a really cool message. But then it should be, if it's come from a fridge. Nice touch of reassurance and 'shelf'-deprecating humour tucked into the challenge.
10/20/12
The devil lives in my fridge. He keeps filling it with fresh cream cakes and huge chocolate bars! I think you've done a great job with this entry. The opening sentances drew me in and kept me reading on. Good message and good job!
This is a great story. You had me chuckling and right away I was intrigued about this voice from the fridge (Hmm they say there's a man who lives in there and turns off and on the lights) But as soon as the MC fell to her knees I know the voice was the Lord's.

The only thing I might suggest would be to save exclamation points for dialog and use ellipses sparingly.

I think you did a great job of writing on topic. I can so relate to that late night eating too as I tend to sleep eat. Seriously, it's horrible to wake up because ice cold milk from the cereal bowl just spilled down my chest and I have no recollection of getting up and pouring it. Your message is great too. If we listen, God will talk to us. The cool thing is we can talk right back.
10/22/12
I love your title and all that follows. This is unique and tells the story well. Good writing.
10/24/12
This will speak to so many on so many levels. I'm sure I'm not the only one reading this who can identify with that fear as they began writing. Your well written piece gave me "jars of hope" to keep going on ... even when I get down and don't have confidence in my own work. Thanks!
You went out on a limb with this entry. I really appreciate your honesty.
10/25/12
Nicely done. Creative and on topic, I enjoyed it.

Thank you. God Bless~
Congratulations! Happy Dance!!
10/25/12
Well deserved 3rd place ribbon. Congratulations!
10/25/12
Many are frozen, but you've been chozen, for a well-deserved third place! Well done.
Congratulations for placing third in level three and 13 overall!