The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1298 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/12
this entry is a hoot with a great twist in the story and great ending.
This is a cute story. It definitely fits the topic funny--if you see it as funny strange and not funny ha ha. I enjoyed the talking dogs and thought they were quite cute.

Of course, the first thing most people will think is she must be dreaming. Though some don't like dream scenarios because it's a common literary tool, I do know God talks to us through our dreams. You interpretation of the dream and why the friend called seemed a tad rushed. I know it's difficult with the word limit but maybe it would have been a tad stronger if you had shortened the dream to allow more explanation.

I did think the part about Ayla loving church was an important message. I could see it fitting in with the beginning when Mom was not paying full attention. I see this as a message of the importance of taking our kids to church. Sometimes it seems too difficult, they get restless and many parents worry about children disturbing others so they get out of the habit of attending. I also feel there are other messages in this story that different people will pick up on and that's always a good thing. Nice job.
10/12/12
I love stories that twist the way we see the real world. The talking dog intrigued me and I loved how they multiplied. But the call from the friend and her prayers seemed to take the story down a rabbit trail. Even though you connected it back to the dream, I never quite got back to my delight in the strangeness of talking dogs. But I love the "widdles."
10/13/12
Clever twist at the end, after a very intriguing and sustained build-up.
10/16/12
Nicely written, well told, with an intriguing ending.

Thanks. God Bless~