The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 993 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/16/12
Fantastic job with this well written entry...Loved the Biblical reference and message.

Thanks. God bless~
08/17/12
I really enjoyed your touching story about the true King. Thanks.
08/19/12
Great characterisations here, with credible dialogue shaping some very interesting attitudes and questions. Excellent treatment of the topic.
08/19/12
your interesting tale weaved in many important spiritual implications...i kept thinking of "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
This brought tears to my eyes. What an incredible allegory. You made me fall in love with little Danny and it shows so clearly why we must have a heart of a child to enter the kingdom.

The only red ink I have is for me the beginning was a tad slow. I think part of it might be my own personal tastes because I enjoy stories that are set in modern times.

But once you introduced the boy, I had to continue to read. He and his father are the perfect characters. This is beautiful and I'll be amazed if it isn't at the top of the winner's list.
A message--beautifully presented.
08/23/12
A wonderful message and an awesome picture of the love and the gift our Lord gives to us. I really liked the way you painted the king in the story ... he came across as so loving and humble yet with a passion for the people to be with him. Powerful stuff here.