The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1269 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/11
This piece is such a wonderful tribute! How hard to do justice in writing, to the experience of standing in such a place, but you have movingly and masterfully and powerfully brought to our mind’s eye, the peace of a beautifully kept war cemetery contrasted to why it exists. Truly a vision of war and peace. Great job! And may brave soldiers everywhere, be remembered for their great sacrifice!
07/18/11
This entry has it all! Your writing is beautiful and poignant! Your personification was gorgeous! I loved your descriptive phrases, "manicured elegance," "Bomana War Cemetery, you speak silently," and "teenagers you embrace" (to name a few). I'd never heard of the cemetery, so toward the beginning I was compelled to read more to find out who this Bomana was (then I wanted to reread your phrases about "her.") Your ending is powerful! "Lest we forget!" I hope this entry does well!
07/19/11
Beth gave a right-on-the-button review.

Quality piece all the way through!

The personification was so exquisitely elegant.
07/19/11
Excellent piece. Lest we forget...yet we do. It's so sad. Very sad.
07/19/11
WOW! What an excellent, thought provoking, descriptive and original entry. Definitely a winner!
Your careful placement of word upon word makes this a masterpiece. You told the story exquisitely.
07/21/11
I like the voice in this piece. Very nicely written and a deserving tribute to the ones laid down at Bomana.
Beautiful! Congratulations on ranking 6th place in level three!