The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 778 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/12/11
Oh, if we only took the time to listen to the many stories of the old-timers like this one. Loved the dialogue. God bless!
06/12/11
What delightful story, wonderful detail and dialogue! I thought it was comical truth that what the older generations did, as children and beyond is now considered dangerous. LOL (of course jumping from roof-tops and standing on plane wings IS dangerous…but I was thinking of more tame examples LOL) Anyway, this was a well written entertaining read!
06/12/11
Great story. My mom used to work at a nursing home when I was a kid and I used to sit and talk everyday with a 97 year old woman who had been born in 1873 and could tell me stories of the wild west, turn of the century, the first picture shows and when women got the right to vote. Now I think back and am amazed that I actually heard about all of that stuff, and more, from someone who was there. I was definitely a Brad and your story rang so true. Great job and thanks for writing it!
06/14/11
This entry is this week's randomly chosen winner of our weekly bonus prize--a free ratings feedback report. The author will be contacted today via the Private Messenger service with more information.

Congratulations. :-)

Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Wonderful story! I can see this being the making of Brad. Great dialogue and flow. Congratulations also on winning this week's free ratings feedback. Well done.
This was such a delight to read. I'd love to hear more of Mr Smith's adventure. I loved the message of narrowing the generation gap as well.

Congratulations for placing 14th in Advanced!