The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1112 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
The characters and dialog rang true and the ending was a nice surprise. I wanted to know why the McLeans were hurting, but that might have detracted from your well written story. Well done.
This is a great story. It's hard not to judge someone by their past. Although I suspected the woman was the other's kids mother it was still a nice surprise ending.
I also liked the message about where you are or who you hang out with can cause problems that you could never imagine and those decisions ripple outward and impact our family and friends.
04/26/11
Well written story wtih a good message. I was a little confused by the ending, however.
It's probably just that my brain is fuzzy but by the time I got to the end of the story I couldn't figure out why the name on the certificate was significant. Of course, once I re-read the story I started to make the name connections. Even with that little snag, I enjoyed reading it.
04/27/11
My favorite part was the message that salvation is not a handout but a gift paid for by Jesus and freely given!!

The story around that message supported it and was an interesting weave. Enjoyed.
04/27/11
An interesting well written story about second chances - in a way it is God's handout to us: the Lord Jesus.
04/27/11
I've seen women like this, and men, in my work at a soup kitchen. Your story is real and brought tears to my eyes and I thought of the love that can change a life...through acceptance and opportunity.