The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1353 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I never would've thought about what 24 hours is like for an obsessive-compulsive person with these behaviors. Thank you for giving me a picture of that. It gives me a little insight into how I waste my own 24 hours too. Good writing.
02/07/11
How sad to do something and not be able to stop. Thanks for opening our eyes to this problem.
02/10/11
What a unique take on this topic, and so genuine. Well done!
Oh this is so sad and more so because it does happen. Wonderful writing and a very unusual take on the topic. I love the last 3 paragraphs particularly and the hope you inject into this sad situation. Congratulations on your well deserved placing.
I could feel the sense of awareness and the complete helplessness of your MC. That takes some real talent and I'm glad to see the judges recognized its merits as well.
Loren
02/11/11
Congratulations on your EC recognition. You did a great job of capturing her physical and inner turmoil. Well done.
Great internal dialogue - I loved the honesty (it all sounded so genuine). Who among us couldn't put themselves in the MC's shoes at some time or another? (Though hopefully not to that extreme.) Well done.