The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 945 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/25/10
Heartbreaking. But all too real.
I think after many years of marriage we can all get into a comfortable feeling with each other. It's not that we don't love, it's just you lose something by being comfortable and predictable.
I've heard it said that you should date your wife often. Take her to interesting places. Do things out of the ordinary. Be a knight in shining Armour and save her from the dragon of the mundane. Thanks for writing.
12/27/10
So sad. I can feel the ache in your heart. I hope you continue this story (and that it isn't your own!)--so want to know what he might think when he "gets around" to it.
Don't know if this is a true story or not, but I felt for your MC. Hope hubby wakes up to what he's missing. Keep writing.
12/29/10
I loved this and am sure hoping it's not autobiographical. I, too, am married to more of a silent type of man (or maybe he has to be silent in order to allow me to say all that I think needs to be said!). Marriage takes effort and one of those "effort" areas has to be in the area of communication.

Very poignant and sad. Great writing!
01/02/11
I could feel the heartache of the MC...very poignant and a good read! Thanks for the reminder of how subtly communication breaks down in a marriage.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 20 overall!

This easily could have been written by me. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone and that marriage takes hard work.