The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1168 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/10
Now who I wonder would end his story with such a dreadful pun?
Seriously though I really enjoyed this, partly because of the originality of the setting but also the creative ways that the players described their 'physical hieroglyphics.' Excellent.
His was a fascinating read. I could easily envision the scene you laid put for me. I even groaned quite appropriately at your last line. In all it was a delight to read!
Creative! Loved the last line. Blessings.
12/06/10
Groan. :) This is a creative story and the hints were clever.
12/06/10
An interesting read out of the usual! You have given your story a good diversion from the commonly written plot of madness in Christmas shopping. I like the angle you are coming from—as seen from the eye of a shopper. Nice job.
12/06/10
Great intelligent writing. Liked to have joined the crowd! Thanks.
12/06/10
Oh, that was such fun. I wasn't expecting the last line at all, though I was wondering where it was headed. Loved it!
12/06/10
Obviously, you know something about chess. I can't wait to find out who this puny person is. I like the originality of the story, not to mention it is highly entertaining. Your imagery was excellent. This is one of my favorites this week.