The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2421 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
Tender. Classical. Very clearly expresses on a personal level Isaiah's mood and tenor.
10/10/05
I like the contrast between what is dry and barren to a renewed commitment to life and fertile ground. Very poignant poem!
10/10/05
Beautiful. I love the lines of Scripture between each stanza.
10/11/05
This was a brilliant way to write it. Wow. Amazing idea. What a gift and glory to God's already powerful word.
This is excellent - tender, moving and so intelligently weaves the words of Isiah. This is entirely satisfying and a poem to return to again and again. Wonderful. God bless.
10/11/05
You have some well-chosen words here, which give us excellent word pictures. Good job!
10/11/05
A well expressed poetic meditation.
10/11/05
Oh do I love this! So beautiful and just what I needed today! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I liked how you "displayed" the poem and scripture - very effective.
10/11/05
Excellent poem and meditation.
10/12/05
Great choices of images. Everyone works together in layered meanings and are woven beautifully together to take the reader on a very satisfying journey from the dessert to where the flowers bloom in abundance. Thank you and well done.
10/12/05
Very nice devotional type piece. The visuals were strong.
10/12/05
Wow! This is GREAT! Marvelous!
Oh, how beautifully full of rich imagery! The creative use of contrast is striking and effective. Wonderful!
This had it all! Musical rhythm, beautiful imagery, satisfying message. This piece really speaks to the reader's soul. Loved it.
10/13/05
Magnificent, just magnificent. I'm speechless. Very unusual. Says a lot about this piece.
10/13/05
Fabulous! Amazing! Brilliant!!!
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
10/13/05
Beautifully done! I hope this earns the merit it deserves. :)
10/13/05
Beautifully written. I love the way you show the fallen state and then comfort with the promise.
A contender indeed! WOW! Amazing! Loved the visuals.... I'm still reeling. God has given you a HUGE GIFT and you are using it for HIM. He will enlarge your territory as you write for HIS GLORY!
10/14/05
Very nice!! I loved the way you wove your poem with the scripture!
A supurb creation, intensely felt. Excellent inspired writing. It really reached me, I look forward to more.
10/14/05
Very creative and inspiring piece on the topic of "flowers." Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
10/15/05
This is truly beautiful. An account of how God can take the desert within our hearts and bring it to life and beauty. Excellent!
10/15/05
Wow! Excellently crafted poem with a strong message!
Oh, the word pictures you painted! Yes, this is exactly what the lonely wilderness of the heart is like, and what it can be like once the desert is left behind! Beautiful!!
Jan - huge congratulations on your 'highly commended'. The more I read this, the more I like it. God bless.
10/17/05
Jan, congratulations on your Highly Commended Award for Level 3. As you know, the competition on that level is fierce!

True confessions - when I saw the title, my expectation level was pretty low. But boy, when I finished reading it I was VERY impressed. It was truly beautiful.

Also, want you to know that you were just a breath away from being in the Editors' Choice. You ranked 9th overall - out of a total of 145 entries. So again, congratulations. You did extremely well.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)