The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1635 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your poem paints an exact picture of our age with your last lines clinching the point perfectly. Good work.
Wow you got me off guard in the end. A very good thing to do.
11/21/10
Great poem...a perfect description of a life on stage. I also love the last verses; they open the reader's mind to see beyond the image portrayed by the media.
11/22/10
Mmmm...very interesting way of highlighting the topic.
Paparazzis and journalists love to capitalize on the glitter and glamour.
You did a super job of capturing that concept.
11/25/10
What a vivid word picture you draw of the meaningless of fame. Reminds me of the movie by that name and how in the song they say they'll live forever just by being famous. What deception! Thank you for this.
11/25/10
Wow, so true and so sad. Made me think of a current young star who is frequently in the news.

Congrats on your first place EC!
11/25/10
How vivid! How wonderfully lyrical, and how great a depiction of what our modern day world wants us to see and value, brought back to reality by the last stanza. Congratulations on your excellent entry and your 1st place and EC!
What a great message! Congratulations on your EC!
11/25/10
Congratulations for placing 1st in Editor's Choice!
11/26/10
This is a sad and haunting piece, beautifully written. Congrats on your Editor's Choice award.