The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1477 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/06/10
Very nice. You certainly ran the gammut of emotions.Well done. Blessings, Ruth
This is a heart-wrenching story, but beautifully told with an excellent message.
08/08/10
This is so sad and has the feeling of having been written from personal experience. I like the last paragraph and the message at the end the best.
Bitter-sweet story. Very well-told.
This is exactly the way grief feels during the holidays. The pain must be resolved somehow before any personal joy can be restored to the holiday. This year my daughters purchased and are having a marker placed on our baby's grave. She has been Home for 18 years and the cost had been something my husband and I could not afford. Just that resolution, a marker showing Samara had existed at one time, helped me.It was the best Mother's Day gift they could have given. This may be the first Christmas I can truly enjoy without painful reminders dulling the season. Excellent descriptions.
08/09/10
A heart tugger for sure reminding us that life does have to go on. Thank you.
Oh goodness, this is a real Kleenex alert for sure. Pulled at my heart from every direction. Very well done.
08/11/10
This would make a great Hallmark movie and I mean that in a good way. The story gripped my heart. You showed a lot of emotion with only 750 words. Well done.
This is a true picture of grief. I loved the "perfume of peace" that comes only from our Lord.
08/12/10
Nicely written, with emotions well expressed. Despite the sadness, we can all take comfort to know within the grief, our loved ones who have the Lord and gone ahead before us "went Home for Christmas."
08/25/10
Wow!! What a story that I know so many have already had to face. It breaks my heart to think about it, but I love how you finish this with the peace of God because it is only through him we could ever get through such a tragedy!