The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1017 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/10
This is refreshingly delightful, from first "drop" to the last!
Check out Dublin Dr. Pepper on the internet. The oldest DP plant in the world, they still make the original sugar cane syrup formula and ship product all over the world. Yes, you can taste the difference.
07/24/10
This was delightful! The men in my house have a strange affection for Dr. P as well (I'm more of a Coke girl myself). I liked how you wrapped this up, too. After a stroke in '07, I lost most of my tastebuds for several months. I never realized just how important they were until that time. Nice writing!
This is a great trek into the past that filled my heart with a smile.
You made this an infectious walk down memory lane for every reader. It was filled with wonderful delights that I was able to imagine right along with you. That coffee cream pie...gotta go look for a recipe! Also, really enjoyed Pa's homemade version of Aggravation renamed to "Murder", which gave me a good lol.
This was enjoyable to read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories about Dr. Pepper.
07/27/10
Uhm, this isn' my daughter Christy writing this piece is it? Sounds just like her. Thanks for sharing some good thoughts, it was a fun read.