The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 962 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an endearing story. I can easily imagine the joy I would have if someone were to surprise me with the words of my beloved mother. The emotional dialogue was spot on.
05/11/10
Lovely story, with a happy satisfying ending. What a treasure to find!
05/11/10
oh, I loved exploring the attic with them, so much so that your cell phone (in the story) jarred me back to reality. :) Great imagination with this!
Your story took me right up into the attic enjoying the findings with your couple. Very well done.
05/12/10
A lovely story that touches the heart! You have expressed the emotions in your writing very well. I could picture in my mind the moments at the end of the story and feel the overwhelming joy and sadness all mixed together.
Your writing put me right their in the attic and I wanted to explore and make discoveries with them. Your ending could not be more perfect. Great job.
Well written story - A very nice read. Good job :)
07/06/10
Your writing really creates atmosphere. I love the mysteries to be found among the cobwebs in attics. I also think personal creations from loved ones beat "store-bought" gifts - and especially for the one who already has "everything!" Good story, Carole! I appreciate your comment on my "Falling Waters...." story, too. Thank you!