The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1824 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Awesome creativity here with a delightful story tied together by great description and clever rhyme
04/15/10
As always, another great poem written only the way you can pen them. What an imagination you have and what fun your entries are each week. Great job.
04/16/10
Absolutely stellar! I see this little "movie" with all these characters on the moon, playing out in my head as I'm reading this! My favorite line: "Houston had a problem". Great fun to read, and appreciate the topic-relevant scripture reference.
What first caught my eye were the words from "Moon River" - is was my second piano recital piece, so it's always been special. Then I kept reading and was drawn into and remained fascinated by the way you wove this story together. So much to appreciate about this poem - so much to learn from it as well..."lunar treaty" and all.
This is such a delightful tale, it would make a beautifully illustrated book.
04/17/10
Wonderful play on words, great poem and terrific entertainment.
Very cleverly done. You certainly have a good sense of word-play. Love it.
04/18/10
Very creative concept and beautifully written. A delight to read!
04/18/10
A most intriguing title too
Beth, found you! I'm a newbie and I sure want to learn from you!!
The only thing missing in this delightful poem is a Starfish receipe.
04/20/10
My favorite line too, "Cause Houston had a problem." A fun read!
04/21/10
You rode the Muse-mobile all the way to the end with this one. I love it. I agree with others about the best line... Houston had a problem. Fortunately, he also had a solution.
Great poem! There were a few places I tripped on the meter, but enjoyed the reading.
04/22/10
Wow! My favorite thus far for stepping outside the box!

Some great lines. I agree with some of the others about "houston."

Quite the imagination. Good job B---!
04/22/10
I too LOVED your play on words. What creativity...ALWAYS! I am a huge fan.
04/22/10
So creative and fun to read! Your use of language is, as always, astounding! Very, very well done.
Far out! I could see this almost turning into a nursery rhyme, but it is far too sophisticated. I don't know how you do it, but excellent word play and flow!
04/22/10
You got all that out of Matthew 5:9? You're good. :) enjoyed it to the moon and back.
I sooo look forward to reading your poems, yay for the challenge being back!!!

"Houston had a problem." Oh my, I lol'ed on that one!
04/22/10
A nicely written poem out of this world!
Congratulations, dear Friend, on yet another well-deserved EC!
04/22/10
Soon there will be a book of your poems, Beth, and it will be called "Editor's Choice." Well done again.
04/22/10
Beth, congratulations on EC placing on this sparkling entry!
I absolutely love the title! But the title isn't the only thing that stands out.

You always manage to be clever and funny with your poetry. I struggle to even write a simple poem (as the secret agent in my last story demonstrated), but it comes so natural to you.

You have always been one of my favorite authors on FaithWriters and will continue to be with great pieces like this. Congrats on the placement, Beth! :)
04/22/10
As I read this over again, I'm amazed once more by your detailed craftsmanship and wonderful use of language. Congratulations, Beth! SO well-deserved!
04/22/10
Beth, as always, I stand in awe of your poetic talent. Amazing!
04/23/10
Beth, I just want someday to be as amazingly creative as you are. :) Super-duper congratulations!
Super duper congrats, Beth! You are an amazing writer!
04/23/10
What an amazingly witty and creative poem! This is such a cute story, and delivers the topic with a great deal of fun.

Congrats on your win!
04/25/10
Congratulations on your second place win. You deserve it. With your imagery, imagination, ingenuity, and your talented poetry you have created a masterpiece...Blessings...Helen