The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1142 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/15/10
Well done!
I really enjoyed the banter between the two ladies; it made me think of what Ethel and Lucy might be up to.

I was curious about what the filth was that was coming, but your dialogue and details kept me quite satisfied.
someone's been working on their "show" (show not tell :) ). I loved this. A light-hearted, realistic conversation at a table where I'm sure I've had lunch or Sunday supper. I agree that maybe, we just needed a peek at whatever this big & bad was coming to town that they were so adamant about- it might make the idea of their pens being mighty enough to slay whatever this beast was more believable. All in all, quite delightful. If I'm blessed enough to carry my best friends with me through old age, I can see myself in a very similar predicament. Thank you :)
04/18/10
Very engaging read, with wonderful characters.
I'm all smiles after reading this. Loved these two ladies with their different approaches to "doing the write thing". Creative use of Braveheart, as well as the reference to the hippy movement. Quirky and fun read! Good job.
04/20/10
I was curious as to the "filth" as well. Loved the characters - creative use!