The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting take on wow. It kept my interest as I could identify with it's atmosphere from the past. Thanks.
Excellent witness about taking action with those sad "wows". I have worn your shoes and my heart is almost saddened to a point of despair for Christian leaders who become blinded or hardened. I actually fear for them but ultimately rest in knowing, God is still in control and my hope of their restoration is what I walk away with. Great Job!
Well written piece with a very clear point. It's sad when Christians are so uncaring that they end up causing more damage than good. I hope you were able to find a better place for your spiritual growth and that of your children.
03/23/10
I think it was Oscar Wilde who said - with tragic accuracy - that it can be easier to advance in the church through lack of faith than it can because of faith. I appreciated the honesty of your grief, and of your desire to seek God's best for all.
03/25/10
I like how you showed the difference between the types of wows. As someone who grew up in the church, I've definitely seen this type of minister, and it saddens me. Great inspiration.