The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/10
I liked this. You took us back to Babel very skillfully.
Well done.
01/31/10
You did a great job of bringing flesh and blood to this story. Your dialogue was well-written as well.
Really liked your take on "Babel". Good dialogue and I felt their confusion when the languages were jumbled. Good Job!
The descriptions and dialogue are so vivid, I felt I was there!
Wow, yes that must have been the biggest "huh" moment in history!

The "telling" parts were a bit distracting in places. But the scene was painted very vivdly! A great piece of Biblical fiction
02/01/10
Wonderful job of personalizing the Tower of Babel story. Dialog and story flow were just right!
A great take on the destruction of the Tower of Babel. Wonderful storytelling, and realistic, fun dialogue! Great job!
02/02/10
No doubt about it... the Tower of Babel is a great subject for this topic. Good job conveying the emotions of the people who experienced that "confusion of tongues"!
Wow! Amazing. You did a wonderful job here.
A great approach to this Bible story, from the workers' pov. Well done.
02/04/10
Good job and congrats!
02/04/10
Very creatively done and certainly deserving of this fine placement! Loved every minute of it! Would make a great novel!
Such a wise choice for the topic and well executed in telling the story - no wonder it's a winner. Well deserved. Congratulations!
02/04/10
Wow . . . talk about yanking me directly into the action . . . find myself thirsty for water and . . . more reading! I saw it all, felt it all . . . emotional heat and . . . what a wonderful take on the topic . . . just brilliant. Need a sequel. Got to find out next journey’s step for Zurek and Saad et al.

Congratulations on your third place win, Kellie, and thank you for presenting reading’s definition of pleasure.

Bryan.
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It says so much about the human spirit. Thank you.
Congratulations on your EC win! Excellent writing.