The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1577 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/29/10
Oh very cute! good dialogue between the two and some fun stuff too!
01/29/10
Great story. What we have to do to get our husbands' attention! I sweat more when my mother comes, though! She was always to white glove examiner. Good job with the topic.
Too funny! I was wondering why the husband had dentures, thinking they were a young couple. Very good dialog and story.
Excellent story. I loved the humor and the wife/husband dialogue--very real.
01/31/10
I was hooked right from the start. I laughed out loud when I realized the "expectant" Dad had false teeth and how old they really were. Great visualizations all the way through the story. MASTERfully done.
This was a riot to read! My favorite part was actually when the wife clapped to turn on the lights! Too perfect!!
Hilarious, with great dialogue and love Larry's attitude!
02/01/10
This was darling! Like a scene from the Honeymooners or I Love Lucy! Great fun!
This is really cute, with great dialogue. Well done!
02/01/10
Great humour and dialogue. But if they are grandparents, how feisty is his mother - to be making night calls on her own???
02/02/10
What a riot! Love your humor! Very cleverly written!
02/02/10
This one had me laughing all the way through! Great sense of humor--I loved it!
This was adorable. I loved it.
02/02/10
All very clever. Lately you're into playing tricks with the reader, aren't you?
fun story, kept me reading with interest. You might not have given him dentures though since he's only slightly more than middle aged.
Cute story! I could picture the whole thing, much too vividly. :)
The dialog simply flowed with perfection - making this all seem so real and causing you to care for the husband and wife. Love the banter between them - it felt close to home.
02/04/10
Great from start to finish!
LOL! What a hoot!
I had a feeling this might place, glad I was right. Congratulations!
Congrates. I read your stories in the past and felt like one of these days. I thought don't give up, one of these days.

Great story. Smart dialogue.Memorable lines.
02/04/10
Congrats on your EC. Very funny. The dialogue was perfect...had me chuckling out loud.
02/05/10
Hillarious! Congratulations on a great story as well as your EC placing!
Congratulations on your well deserved EC win...delightful story!