The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 775 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/10
Interesting, I really liked the summation. Keep writing.
01/18/10
Interesting. The mental "OW" definitely was...

01/20/10
So far, you're the only one (excluding myself as well) that has actually written on Ow! as a subject, which after all, is what these articles are supposed to be. You have taken the challenge at face value with the result that you haven't had to resort to putting the word Ow! in some silly place, or using it with poor timing, just to get the word into the article. Very good. In a way, I think your article shows how nondescript the so-called topics are; they're not really topics at all. To get the point across of the great pain and suffering that has come through the fall by using such a trite word as Ow! is a little demeaning to the solemnity of what happened and what is continuing to happen because of that. An actual topic (say, 'Pain', 'Catastrophe'; sorry I haven't checked to see if these have been used - I'm a newcomer to FaithWritiers) could have provided the same opportunity, and provided the solemn context for it right from the start. Nevertheless, you did a very good job with this; excellent work.