The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1675 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This drew me in from the start! A unique take on the theme "luggage". I especially loved your title!
08/25/05
I am loving all these creative retellings and creative embellishments of familiar Bible stories and characters.

Nice job! You held my attention and wove an enjoyable picture. I'm sure there was a huge party when those "old bones" were buried and the people were finally home.
Well done! I really enjoyed this retelling. I knew Joseph's bones were carried to Israel, but I had never thought about how it must have been to carry them or how long the journey with those old bones was. Great title too!
08/26/05
Very imaginative. Brought Words to life. Great work!
Great re-telling of a few short oft-overlooked verses from the Bible. It's something we usually don't give much thought to - you've done a good job bringing it to life. Thank you.
08/26/05
A rich retelling of the fulfilment of the promise made to Joseph. I liked the way you developed the story.
08/27/05
Outstanding writing and an inspired idea for 'luggage'. You masterfully draw the reader into the story. Great work!
08/27/05
Very well written! Good job.
08/27/05
Excellent job. A contender. Let's see if it cracks the top 8!
Powerful! Loved this: "It took centuries, but Joseph’s request was finally fulfilled. The burden the Israelites have carried has been laid to rest. Surely, the Lord Almighty is faithful."