The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1567 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was excellent, but the ending seemed a little too rushed and far-fetched... Sometimes that 750 word limit can be difficult to overcome. You did a great job of grabbing my attention and keeping it throughout the story!

May God bless!

Sincerely,
Dan Blankenship

10/29/09
This was well done. I didn't see the invitation to meet the Prince of Peace coming--good job for your secondary character to tie in what's going on in the professor's life with every man's real need.
Thought-provoking piece!

When I was a freshman in college, I had a professor that taught evolution. I raised my hand to speak up for creation. I guess he saw the look on my face because he said, "Anybody that disagrees with this may see me after class."

I met with him and presented my belief in creation and supporting scientific evidence.

He just nodded his head and told me that I would be "enlightened" with my continuing education at the university.

Still haven't changed my mind!
11/02/09
Very thought provoking story. Yes Jesus the Prince of Peace is the answer and I think he would approve of us looking after his planet earth. Colin
Professor Verde's (great name btw) use of the big WE ARE so perfectly illustrates man's obsession with self. I love how Heidi grabbed the opportunity presented to her to share the Gospel and turn Verde's idea of peace on its head. Nice job.