The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 888 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/09
just testing to see if my connection is working.
10/26/09
I really liked this, as I'm a product of the civil rights era, and am passionate about equality.

Your narrator seems to be about 14 or so, but sometimes his voice seemed much younger.

I'd love to read a longer version of this--I was very interested in the characters and their conflicts.
10/26/09
I have always been a fighter for human rights, as long as they align with God's moral laws. Well told story.
10/27/09
Are you aware that all 12 paragraphs start with the letter "M"? Was this for a reason?
I wasn't sure of the age of the boys, but I like their spirit.

Mona
Very thoughtful story and I loved the friendship especially the Friend they both shared.
10/27/09
I really enjoyed the voice of your story. Your MC's beginning explanations made me smile. (that's my kind of "humor"). :)
10/28/09
Enjoyed the narrative. Liked the beginning and the ending. "Pretty cool, huh?" In agreement with the others. Not sure of Marshall's age. Nice job.
10/28/09
I should have know Marshall's age with "Pretty cool, huh?" My 13 yr. old grandson says that quite often. My advice on writing ....never stop "writing, submitting, believing." Enjoyed your story.