The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1705 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/11/09
This is a beautiful poem and a lovely tribute to your parents who brought you up with love, guidance and the knowledge of God. Thank God that He is able also to intervene in the lives of others who were not raised with such love and conviction! He can reach down into those lives by other means. But this poem shows His plan for parenting so beautifully! The pattern of rhyme was so interesting and well done. Great job! God bless you! Linda
09/14/09
I really like this. It says so much in a beautiful way.
09/16/09
Again, someone has written a beautiful piece that reminds me of what influence my paternal grandmother had on me. Beautifully written.
09/16/09
Great reminder for parents on how important our example is.
Beautiful poem and beautifully written. Gratulations on you 1st place and your EC. Wonderful!
Should be "Congratulation!"
09/17/09
i know i'm not a poet so i can't compete in this particular arena. i take my hat off to you. i heard the message in your poem and that's most important.
Very nicely, done, Lisa.
I love poetry - writing and reading - and this was beautifully crafted with a great message. It reminded me of one of those great poems that often ends up framed in a child's room!! This is worthy of framing! Congratulations!
09/17/09
Oh what a well deserved 1st place. Truly inspired and beautifully written. All newborns should be clutching a copy of this in their tiny fists to pass on to mum and dad.
The style of this poem is so unique - I really enjoyed it. Congratulations. Well deserved!!!
09/17/09
Beautifully written. What a message! Congrats on your EC!
09/17/09
I agree with Mary Lou - this is worthy of framing. Beautifully written. I'm glad to see it win.
09/17/09
Lisa, congratulations on your 1st place win with this touching poem. Each stanza impressed me more--yes, frame this one for all the children and parents in your family circle. Great work.
09/17/09
I also meant to say congrats on your placement in the EC section--well done!
Congratulations on your EC! This poem is just beautiful. It flows well and contains much truth!
The raw honest truth, convicting and beautifully presented. Congratulations on your EC! :)
09/18/09
Absolutely lovely. Congrats on your EC!
09/19/09
So . . . stunning! Maybe . . . I should enrich myself and memorize it. Bryan. 18Sept09Fri
09/29/09
I was one of the judges for this week. I thought your poem was wonderful. The structure was well considered and your choice of words was spot on. There were lines that I almost memorised. A well deserved win.