The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1062 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/10/09
I am glad that you found God's healing grace through your childhood memories...
I used to pretend that I was the Cartwright's little sister. (lol!)
09/10/09
Your title is exactly what I was experiencing as I read your piece.
I would find it hard to believe that this not a true life story for there is exquisite honesty laid forth here. That takes a lot of courage and for that I applaud you!
Your descriptions are rich, dramatic and full of emotion. Almost too much in places... it can be a bit overwhelming if not balanced carefully.
But you have pulled me into your story and exposed yourself; your life story touches my life story...as writers can there be anything better?
09/13/09
I love your next to the last line: "My writing is His mixing bowl." It shows an understanding of His hand on your life and a willingness to trust Him to do what only He can do. Writing is indeed healing. Thank you for your transparency.
This feels like a true story, and I found it heartbreaking. The emotions are vivid and raw. Your writing is excellent.
09/14/09
Heartbreaking, and well-written.
09/16/09
Those of us who have, to one degree or another, experienced childhood abuse, know exactly what you mean when you say you use your writing as "a mixing bowl."