The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1192 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Sweet story of love and comitment. Well written.
07/31/09
I love historical pieces and you did a very nice job on this one. I'm glad Carl kept his promise.
08/01/09
Wagons Ho and way to go Carl. (I was pretty sure he was going to blow it). I enjoyed this a lot.
An enjoyable story of the earlier days. Pa corresponding with the MC's beau without her knowledge "jangled" a little. How could she not have known, as important an event as mail was to a household in those days? Just a minor question. It could certainly have happened just as you wrote it.
08/04/09
Sweet story with a happy ending!
Awwww!! Such a cute and darling story, becuase the characters just fit together so nicely! I wouldn't mind a sequel, to see what would happen to them afterwards. This is very nicely done, I liked it!
Historical romance, well paced and the way you presented the characters made their emotions seem real and causes the reader to care about their outcome.
I like how you began with tears of sadness and ended with tears of joy. Most of all I liked the sweet story of a simpler time.
08/05/09
I know how hard it is to work a tale into 750 words and get something worthy. You did it! Your pacing of the story is very good. Interesting.
Mona
Congratulations on your placement, Pam. Really enjoyed this tale.
08/06/09
Excellent work. As a fan of historical fiction, I enjoyed reading this and wanted more of the story. Congrats.
Well done, Pam! Congratulations on your placement. :) Wonderful characterizations - their emotions were felt. Good job.