The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2143 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/04/09
This is a perfect title for your story. I was caught up in it just as you had hoped, I'm sure. Good job!
06/04/09
You nailed the theme with this one! And I love the washing machine metaphor! Well done!
06/05/09
Great title--and the story surely did not disappoint in any way. Loved the message that God can use all our struggles and pain for good. Thumbs up to you.
06/08/09
I really liked this story, and would like to read more...both before and after this snippet. Nice job with the topic.
06/09/09
I love this. Thanks for the lovely treatment of the the topic.
06/09/09
Really enjoyed this. Absolutely great! Hope it does well. Colin
06/09/09
Oh - what a powerful image, and powerful telling. Exceptional.
This one's a winner in my book! You throw a great hook with the opening sentence, then you nail your audience with the "successful novel" theme and the MC's immensely believable dialogue with the Almighty.

I also savored the similes and symbolisms, such as, "Bitter, cynical eyes looked like bruises in pale flesh", and the MC pushing away the expresso and ordering "hot chocolate with cream & sugar."

Right on topic, without a single wasted word--exquisite and powerful writing. (Did I mention this one's a winner??)
06/11/09
What a fascinating story! This really could be a novel. I'd love to know more about these characters. Congratulations on a very well-deserved First Place!
06/11/09
Beautiful! The inner struggle was written so skillfully and the title is the perfect image for it. Congratulations on your well-deserved win!
06/11/09
Your wonderful story is very moving. I love your title! Congratulations on your Editor's Choice and 1st place in the Master's Level!
06/11/09
Congratulations!! What an intriguing title and a great way to draw the reader on into the story. I was with her every step of the way. :-) Love it! A very well desered win!
06/11/09
Debbie - this is just beautiful. I felt myself right there with your characters. Well-deserved win!
06/11/09
Wow...I had tears in my eyes too. What a read. Congratulations -- well done girl.
06/11/09
Absolutely magnificent. Congratulations!
A wonderful take on real life. I more than enjoyed this. What a great reminder of our Father's love for us and how we often keep ourselves from receiving it.
06/13/09
Very, well done, Debbie! Wonderful.
Love the little detail of the espresso, too.
Congratulations! :)
06/16/09
I am brand new to this place, FaithWriters.com, and this is the very first challenge entry that I have had an opportunity to read. I am truly blessed to have been led to such a great piece to that gave me so much encouragement. It was a joy to read and experience your writing.