The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1248 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/09
The title intrigued me and the story did not disappoint. Nicely done.
05/29/09
Very realistic. I could feel the aggravation of the MC. My husband will sleep when I drive; but he makes sure I don't. Guess I'll accept it too. Enjoyed the mood.
Mona
05/29/09
O man - that's what I want again after 26 years of marriage - flip flops. Great job!
05/30/09
Oh - I like it! Great characterization and a fun little romance.
06/02/09
I suspect that this will shoot a few darts into more than one reader. Thanks for writing it. Excellent voice, just the right touch of humor and pathos.
Realistic thoughts and dialogue that kicked in memories. The best solution, too. Great story.
06/04/09
Wow, what a powerful piece - painful and humorous at the same time. I loved the shadowy animals and the catty retorts. I felt that you nailed the mail psyche extremely well.
My one quibble - and this is really minor - was that I found it a bit odd the way that you referred first to your 'passenger' and shortly after to your 'husband' For a moment, I wondered if there were more than two person in the car. I suspect you did so to convey a sense of unease and frustration with Craig, but it could be read differently. Very well done.
06/04/09
Absolutely delightful. Haven't we marrieds all been there. Rekindled love - very romantic. Loved it and perfectly writter (or nearly).

Colin
06/04/09
This is a great story! You drew me in with your characterization and your plot. Very well-written! I love good marriage stories.
06/04/09
All of us married folks could certainly relate to this story. You have a wonderful gift for story-telling, I was hooked from the very beginning. Thanks for sharing so honestly. I enjoyed the humor and the flip flop at the end. You're one of my favorite authors and you did an awesome job once again.