The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1334 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A faithful car can be like an old friend. An entertaining read.
Hilarious! Delivering the baby in the glove box! Hot cross buns! A total hoot. Thanks so much!
Loved it. Great job.
05/12/09
Excellent use of humor here. Fresh and witty. Great job! Loved it!
Brought back some memories of a car we used to have..."Chuggie" ;)
05/13/09
Beautifully crafted. Thanks for the great story-telling
05/14/09
Congratulations on your well-deserved win! This was a fun story to read. Made some think about "Ol' Silver" and the day I'll have to say good-bye to him.
05/14/09
Congratulations on your win! Well deserved. Funny and great story.
05/15/09
Love this story and can totally relate! My 18 year old senior son still drives my 1997 Quest van. It too has received many names over the years, including his own sarcastic name for it: "my sweet ride". Only when his friends got inside and heard the premium sound system (still working) did it get a somewhat better reputation as the road trip van. Congratualations on your very deserved win!
05/15/09
You are VERY quickly becoming one of my favorite writers here. I adore the flavor of your writing style...it fits me and my sense of humor like a glove. Great stuff...congrats on your EC!
I love this! I love the humor, the subject matter, everything about it. SO much fun. It really fits me. I love my new van with the DVD player, GPS, bun warmers (he he) but have fond memories of the old van.