The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1626 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/23/09
On my, I was laughing the whole way through! Loved the whole thing. Soooo able to relate right now as I am struggling on a new diet myself. Very creative and cute.
04/23/09
A little ice cream now and then never hurt anyone. ;-)
04/26/09
I enjoyed this from the opening paragraph and you did not disappoint. I love the fact that you tell a story of failure albeit dressed up in the language of celebration. Very very clever.
04/30/09
Awesome job on this dietary journey. I have so "been there, done that" - way too many times. But my words did not describe it nearly so eloquently.
CONGRATULATIONS, Diane!
04/30/09
Congratulations on EC and 1st place for level. It's well deserved, this is GREAT!

I laughed the whole way through, seeing the battle before my eyes.
04/30/09
Awesome writer ... Awesome Writing, my friend.

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!
Congratulations on your win. Love the humor!
04/30/09
I too have "been there, done that" a multitude of times over the years. That's why I could totally relate to your story. The only difference here is you make "falling off the wagon" more easier to take. Now that I think about it, Dairy Queen is about two miles from my house. Hmmmmmm. Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition.
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! This is my kind of victory! As a huge fan of ice cream, I must say that there is nothing better than breaking a diet to savor the sweet and creamy taste of a frozen treat. Is this your first EC? I doubt it is, but either way this was well deserving of it's high placement. Your writing rocks! :)
This was SO MUCH FUN to read and so skillfully written that I wish I'd written it myself! Your buddies on the Southern Porch want to see you to heap congrats and kudos all over you! You're the best!