The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1051 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/23/09
Your MC sounds alone yet brave, sad but strong, and pleading for love. When love enters a person's life, it makes all the difference. Maybe you'll do a follow up in the future with a happy ending?
04/24/09
The struggle for acceptance costs. And the end results are almost always disappointing until a person finds complete acceptance in Christ. The reader can feel the pain here, and long with the MC for resolution, for liberty from a need no human can or will meet. Gut emotions—well done.
04/28/09
You wrote a powerful MC. You could feel her pain and anger.
04/28/09
This is sobering, powerful, and a host of other descriptives. I do hope you decide to pursue this further; did God answer?


The pain of our past can become the healing for someone elses future, if we will allow it.
04/30/09
This was an emotionally intense piece. The young girl's feelings and thoughts were so clearly and authentically presented.

I especially liked this part: "You can hide your feelings all right. You can hold them close like a hand of cards. But they’re still feelings. They still hurt. They ‘re all still down there, waitin to see the light of day."

Very well-done!