The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1453 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/08
This is so sweet. I love the contrast between the parents and the child's point of view. I liked the child's attitude a lot better than his parents. :)
12/08/08
I loved the opposing views. We "grownups" tend to forget that when we buy the big presents, it's usually the box the present came in they love the most.
Oh, wow! This made me teary. I absolutely love the contrast of between the parents' expectations and the child's actuality. The child's voice is great, and the mother's worry and anxiety is well articulated. Great title, too.
12/09/08
This is very good. I liked the whiney voice of the mother. And I thought you nailed the voice and vocabulary of the four-year-old just right. Not an easy thing to do at the best of times.
12/09/08
I echo all the kudos above me, and also mention that I love the title, contrasted with the first line. Nice touch.
Oh, to be more childlike. Congratulations on your EC!
12/11/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is very, very good. Love the contrasting voices. Excellent job with the topic.
What a wonderful approach to this story. Well-deserved EC...congratulations!
12/12/08
It never ceases to amaze me, the difference between an adult's perception & a child's reality. Gratitude is rarely lost on a child, huh? This story really touched me. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what we have!