The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1678 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good example of how God uses every situation for His good. Christmas can be a sad time for so many, and you portrayed this very well with you good writing skills.
What a moving well told story! So precious...
I had no idea where this story was going. You did an excellent job building up the reader's anticipation. Giving up a child like that would be extremely hard, and I think you portrayed the emotions of the biological mother very well. This was a heart-stirring piece.

Poignant and well written. I suspected it might be an adoption. Well done.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this entry.

Of course, I am the woman who was blessed to adopt my precious son. We send at least one photo a year to a contact person so that the biological mother can see how handsome he is.

We agreed with her that he wouldn't make contact until age 18. That is only two years away.

Anyway, wonderfully written story of such a special kind of love. :)
11/20/08
This is very well written. I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did. very good:)
11/20/08
A Christmas card that touch the innermost of a mother's heart! You have expressed the emotions of the MC very well.
A sweet, well written story about the gifts of love and life. Great job!
11/20/08
This is FABulous! Wowzer, LOVE the anticipation I felt reading, and especially the fact that I didn't have it all figured out. Excellent job on this piece. ;)
11/20/08
You held me captive. I had no idea of the direction of this piece until near the end. Very good.
For one not being your strongest piece, it's pretty strong.
11/20/08
A beautiful story - drew the reader in right away and how touching. Congrats on 2nd place!!
11/20/08
Are you surprised? 2nd place overall and 1st for your level, WOW.
Again I say, for one that's not your strongest, it's pretty strong. I'm glad the judges agreed. This was definitely worth the reading.
11/20/08
Wow, Great Job! As an adoptee I find this a particularly powerful entry. Congratulations on your EC!
Wonderful entry, so deserving of your win. Congratulations. You owned the emotions of this piece and handed them back to the reader with tender skill and care.
11/20/08
Beautiful. Loved the way the story unfolded. Well done, Leah.
11/21/08
A beautiful and poignant story, told with subtlety and grace. Congratulations :)
Beautiful story and so deserving of first place. Well done.
Love, Norms
11/21/08
Leah, this is wonderful! Congrats on your EC!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This piece absolutley deserved it! Wonderful!
11/23/08
This story touched my heart.
Thank you for allowing God to Inspire you to write this heartwarming story.
Please keep writing.
God Bless You.