The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 943 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was very well written. I was drawn into the story straight away through your characterisation. Very moving. Well done!
I like the title, and the thread of hope that it seems to weave throughout the piece, making the ending just perfect. Nicely written.
At the end of this pitiful story, there is a new beginning. I really enjoyed the way you worked it all to the glory of God. Thank you.
11/18/08
Excellent. Dark and brooding, you explored the man's pain and despair without giving in to cheap solutions. Nevertheless you ended on a positive note, a faint light in the darkness. Definitely one to watch, come Thursday.
This is very well written. I felt the man's pain and struggle, and in the end, his hope. Great job!
11/18/08
Both beautiful and sad, but most certainly honest. Love the imagery and emotion. Wonderfully done.
Well done. Excellent story. :)
Powerfully written, deep and profound. Its honesty pulls it far ahead of some of the other entries this week as we get a glimpse of how some men emotionally respond to the tragedies in their lives. I especially like the way this was concluded because it verified what I felt about this man's mettle, in that in the end he, as a wise man, still sought a power greater than himself. His walking up the steps to the church says so much. Great job!
Good descriptions. You put me right in the midst of the story. Great ending.
11/19/08
The reader was drawn in and flet the darkness, paon and questions. Loved the ending which was really just the beginning,eh?
11/20/08
Excellent writing....that's about all I can say. Very profound and emotional. Nice work!