The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1939 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful imagery--a wonderful little girl--sweet story. I'm going to squint at the tree lights this year and share your Monet vision!
What a cute story! Your title drew me in and did not disappoint!
11/07/08
So creative and atmospheric. I loved this.
11/08/08
Aw. I loved this.
11/08/08
A very satisfying mystery - from the peculiar title to the delightful conversations under the tree to the joy of trendy glasses. Well told
11/09/08
How funny! I began to suspect her eyes but certainly didn't think that's where you were going. Funny, funny... Oh, love the title, too!
11/12/08
As usual, your ideas and exection blows me away... I was there with her and thinking how fun it is to see ALL things familiar from different viewpoints and angles, so this had a deeper meaning for me.. THANKS Dee... you're a joy!
11/12/08
Wow! This makes perfect sense, LOVE the Monet aspect. This takes me back... :)
11/12/08
hee, hee... I used to pull the corners of my eyes to get that effect too! Thanks for the memory.
What a sweet story. It brings back memories of the innocence of being young at Christmas!
11/12/08
Very creative. Though the paintings are intended to be blurred, your writing is crystal clear. Well done.
A Christmas miracle right under the tree! Monet is one of my favorite artist, but putting on glasses or squinting doesn't improve his work : ) I love the way you captured the innocence of the children.

Loren
Well written and creative story. I really enjoyed this, great job.
11/13/08
Congrats on your win! I don't remember a Christmas without "Monet" lights....I've been wearing glasses since age five! I always liked taking them off to see how much prettier the lights are. :)
11/13/08
This is outstanding--creative, clever. WoNderful! Congratulations on your editor's choice!
Woo Hoo for placing with your delightful story, my dear writing Friend!
11/13/08
Congrats DeeQ -- I'll never look at another Monet print the same way again! :)
A very deserved EC. Excellent writing, Dee!
11/17/08
Great title, definitely drew me in. And the story didn't disappoint either. Fantastic descriptions of colour and mood - liked the little brother especially! Very nice story, well deserved win.