The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1092 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/08
This is a good reminder that there are people out there with such rough lives. Very sad.
I like this! It is sad, but ends with friendship and hope. Very nice entry.
You have certainly captured the Spirit of Christmas with this story. I love the feeling of hope throughout. This is a very well written, thought provoking piece. Thank you for sharing. God Bless.
Love your title. Glad to see all the MCs were ready for change in their lives. :)
10/20/08
Interesting and different setting... a little more development of characters would have helped to connect with them. Maybe there are too many for such a short word count.
I love the objects representing their reasons for change.
Very authentic and realistic!
Sorry, clicked before I was done! I liked the way the title really fit the story!
10/22/08
What a sad, yet hopeful, tale of the downtrodden at Christmas! Nice descriptions and character interactions. One minor point to consider. In your first sentence you wrote, "leaving the tip numb and without feeling." I think you could have just left it at 'numb,' since the additional 'without feeling' seemed redundant. Just a minor note. I enjoyed the setting and emotions you created with your words. Nice Job!
Lovely story with a wonderful message of hope.
I found your characters very realistic.
Blessings,
Norms