The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1709 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/08
Unhappily these days, no one knows when something like this just might happen—even in our "safe" first-world havens. A scary tale well told.
I'm so glad she answered that way. I was as shocked as she was when she saw the masked man. Great job on this story.
09/06/08
Very engaging and masterfully written. Edge-of-my-seat reading.
09/08/08
Excellent and timely writing.

My only problem with this story (and many others like it) is...who's writing it? How?

A gripping story, important to read. I'd love for this to be part of a teen curriculum.
09/09/08
This is a very good take on a killing that did happen, I tried to find the story, couldn't remember the name of the girl, or when it happened. I wish this story wasn't this good, it's so sad, but so beautiful, that she was willing to stand up for her beliefs.
09/09/08
Found the news story, it was Cassie Bernall at Columbine that was sot in the library. Still a very good take on the story. No one knows what really happened that day.
09/11/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is written very well...chillingly well. Nice job with the topic.
09/15/08
While the idea for this obviously comes from the Columbine incident, you did a great job fictionalizing the scenario and weaving in the message of staying faithful to the end. I too have a problem with a first person narrator not surviving his/her story, but this was very thought provoking, which I assume was your primary aim. Congrats on the EC.