The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1925 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
Great start for a much longer piece. The late introduction of the second character adds a dimension to the story that may need explaining in more detail. Good job. Thanks for posting.
07/11/05
A well told story -thanks for sharing :)
07/12/05
Very touching. Well done.
Heartbreaking and healing. Good job!
07/14/05
You establish a sense of place really well and draw me into the lives of characters about whom I want to know more. Well done.
07/14/05
I love the subtle, hopeful message and it was a good build.I think the problem of introducing the other character too late in the story could be solved easily by a thought I wonder if anyone else ever comes here? I thought that it was great.
Darlene
Wow! This is powerful. Great message. I'm still wiping the tears away. Thanks.
07/14/05
Very nicely written. I liked the man who appeared at the end. Right fitting end to the story. God bless, littlelight
07/14/05
"But it's here. Even when you can't see it." Very Well done! Most enjoyable.
Powerful imagery and emotion. Sweeps you up and away with mounting tension.
07/15/05
I've said it before: you have this amazing way of drawing the reader in from the very first sentence, immersing him in the story with excellent imagergy and description. Wonderful underlying message. I think Deb was right - you've struck the perfect balance this week. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
07/16/05
Ya done good, this has a nice ring of hope to it. Thought the imagry of Christ was a perfect backdrop!
As with all the previous work you've done, I loved this. A++!