The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 726 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You have captured in beautiful detail the wonderful story of Michelangelo's patiently painting the chapel ceiling.
08/29/08
Oh, the "Agony and the Ecstasy" captured here very beautifully. I thought it was Michaelangelo when I read the first paragraph. Terrific writing!
08/29/08
A perfect application of "patience"!

I noticed some punctuation errors: missing apostrophes in possessive nouns, and some missing commas.

I love that the mood and tone of your writing really matched the setting of the story.
08/30/08
I especially appreciate how God's "art" overshadows that of one of the greats!! I've always been a bit jealous of my twin who is an artist. But, I feel DaVinci's pain in this piece. Our gifts--art, writing, whatever--aren't always so pleasurable, even when guided by the Holy Spirit.
Because the sculpture of David is one of my all time favorite pieces of art, I was struck by DaVinci's endearing attitude toward his replica of David.
08/30/08
Okay, this is the 3rd extra yellow box I've left this week!! I wrote DaVinci. Michelangelo created the Sistine Chapel painting. Somehow that just kicked into my brain this morning. Anyhow, thanks for a great piece of writing and for letting me take up so much yellow space.
09/02/08
Beautifully "illustrative" of the topic. Well done!