The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1551 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/21/08
Thanks for sharing this. I'm guessing it's true, because it sure feels authentic. From one loner to another...hang in there with Christ and His body!
08/21/08
"To live this life is more than I can handle but to do it without my faith is more than I can fathom." Excellent note to end on. When life is more than we can handle (as it often is) then faith takes to the One who can handle it all for us. Very good.
08/22/08
Beautiful, passionate, authentic writing. Thank the Lord for friends, for SURE, but you have found the key to it all in your final sentences. Incredible approach to the topic. Haven't we all been guilty of this, either to protect ourselves or the ones we love?
Such true feelings come through your writing. This must have been very painful (emotionally) - letting down the charade to share your story. I love the Message verse- how perfect.
08/23/08
WOW - so transparent and beautifully, painfully put. I was there with you (as I am now, you know). Praying.
08/23/08
(((hugs))) *tears* (((hugs)))
08/25/08
Exceptional, masterful writing! I wish I had answers for you ...
08/25/08
The Lord has laid your heart bare. The charade is over and the mask can come off. As painful as life can be, and as exposed as one feels in the vulnerability that comes with asking for help, it is no more than our Savior expressed Himself from the cross. Let those who love you, bless you with comfort.

Masterfully written and heartfelt.

Emily
08/25/08
Very powerful and honest article. Thank you for sharing. Even without the specific problem of chronic pain, we all feel the pain of hiding behind our own charades sometimes. I like the honesty of your comment that it is hard to tell who really wants an honest answer to "how are you". Love you, my friend.
This touched me deeply. Well done my faihwriter friend.
08/25/08
((gentle hug))
~~ceaseless prayer~~
08/25/08
This was beautifully transparent...the last line was superb. Praying for you still.
This glimpse into such a painful existence wrenches at my heart, and I join the others in prayer for you, dear one. Beautiful and genuine writing.
This is hard to read, knowing it's your reality, but you spelled it out so eloquently. Thanks for being real. This was a good topic for sharing what you did. Even then, it couldn't have been easy.
08/26/08
Very powerful entry! I totally know where you're coming from....sleepless nights and lonely thoughts....wanting it all just to go away. Thank you for expressing it so beautifully.
I can't imagine being able to write as well as you do the expressions from the deepest parts of your heart. This is really good....so honest, transparent, and continues to make me sad that you endure so much pain with no relief for so long. Keep hanging in their and keep writing in your tunnel. Love you, girl. This was good.
Your pain, your loneliness, your need for friends, your faith in God, your love for others are displayed through your writing skilled.
...You are loved and prayed for.
If this is true, you've shared some very raw feelings. This is bold, as well as well written.
If this is true, you've shared some very raw feelings. This is bold, as well as well written.
08/27/08
I hope this isn't true, but you've made it feel so real I have to think it is. Hugs and prayers, and thank you Jesus for your loving grace over this hurting child of Yours.
08/28/08
As someone who has been there (though probably in a very different way), you expressed your inner feelings and pain so well. I was hurting with/for you. Very, very good writing. P.S. I'm praying.
08/28/08
To live this life is more than I can handle but to do it without my faith is more than I can fathom....Perfect ending to such a sad tale. My heart was crying for your character in this story. I think depression is the most debilitating ailment, even more than physical pain. But I am sure the two go together....God bless you. This was a good write...Helen