The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1440 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/07/08
Awesome imagery, and I loved the last line. Well done!
08/08/08
I loved this. It is so original and the ending totally brought tears to me eyes. Great job!
Powerful descriptions. You kept me on the edge of my seat clinging to HOPE for the woman. Your title fits the story perfectly. I really hope this one places high. I have a feeling it will.
08/09/08
From the very first line your writing grabbed my attention and swept me right into the scene. And I was curious. To me, the momentum also hid a secret. What a wonderful surprise! Seven months later, Hope was born. Excellent.
08/11/08
Wow! Don't know what to say but, WOW! Awesome story. Wonderful job!
Laury
08/11/08
"A place that even her husband hadn't been able to touch" is my favorite line. What a twist to find that the doctor's appt. resulted in good news rather than bad. Excellent writing!! I especially love the ending.
08/11/08
Oooo...'tis a good one, indeed! ; )
08/11/08
Super hook of an opening, very creative story tie in with your title and you ministered your point with ease. Great job.
God bless.
I hope this wonderful story places. It surely placed in my heart!
08/12/08
This is some great writing. You had the hook, line and sinker that developed as the reader was carried along. You put us right there experiencing each moment. Great work!
Very well written story with powerful imagery. Great job.
I hope this one places, too. Like Verna said, it placed in my heart, too! It's a gripping story and so very well told! Kudos, dear one.
08/12/08
Excellent story which kept me reading to the end. Wonderful descriptions. Sad loss of hope, but Hope regained in the marriage and new baby. Great job. Thanks.
Your words drew this scene perfectly. You selected just the right words to let us know your characters, their feelings, and motivations - all in such a short space. Excellent writing. :)
08/12/08
I can see why this is one of your favorites. Wow. I got goosebumps sitting here in the middle of the mall with my laptop. What an ending. Just the picture of her husband kissing her cheeks all over when he rescued her was enough for me! Yes!
08/13/08
What can I say? For tears, I can hardly see to put in this comment. What an excellent story. I hope you win first for this. But even if you don't, it is FIRST for excellency...God bless you. I loved the ending---HOPE....Helen
*sniffle* Wow, you really touched me with this one. My fav so far. Our little guy was to be named Hope, except for well...he's a little GUY. lol.

Excellent, it was believable and emotional. Where's the Kleenex?
This was so good! I could see and hear the rushing flood and the van tumbling in the water. I could feel your MC's despair. What a wonderful way to end the story. I just loved this from beginning to end.
This "placed" in my heart the first time I read it. I'm glad it was "highly commended."