The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1295 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/08
Great twist at the end and the comment about fools and kings. Humorous piece.
07/21/08
I had no idea where this was going - what a wonderful way to convey a serious message. Really funny.
07/21/08
This was HILARIOUS! When the "wizard" picked up the magic 8 ball, this piece took a wonderful turn, lol. Well done!
07/21/08
Lots of fun! I loved the twist, even though I was starting to enjoy the universe of Prince Alexander ;)
Too funny, and with a good point. I love it.
07/21/08
I had to laugh at "Incanus the Great," the "magic 8 ball," and the close encounter with a "dragon." You packed a lot of humor in this! :)
07/21/08
This really messed with my mind. Magic 8 ball, did he just give him an Alka Seltzer, what's going on here? Then you filled in the REST of the story. Funny. He's gonna wish he were just a prince with amnesia tomorrow.
07/21/08
Excellent work building up the story and then giving it a complete shift to an unexpected ending.
A wonderful piece. I really enjoyed this. It caught my eye before you posted a hint.
My friend, you have made me laugh yet again. When the wizard picked up the magic 8 ball, I began to smell a rat.

Very wise words from the father "Getting drunk makes you look like the King’s fool and not the King.”

Well done, very well done indeed.

07/21/08
Great job, Josh! This was hilarious. I really enjoyed reading this one - it gave me a great chuckle to start the morning! :) Thanks for sharing!
This is hilarious... I had a feeling it was yours!
07/22/08
Very funny and nicely done. We should all keep our wits about us.
Oh, the follies of young men! You had me chuckling. I was fooled until you mentioned the magic 8 ball. I kinda doubt wizards use those. Loved the Alka Seltzer (?) too. Great job.
I knew this had to be yours!
What a great read. I'm so glad I got in on the fun!
Heehee! Poor guy-well, almost! I liked the twist, I think you did well with it. The hints were realistic details that made it a fun and natural surprise. Loved the wizard's magic ball! Nicely done! ^_^
You are just too funny, Josh. :) Good example of just what "fun" one brother will have at the other brother's expense. :)
Sly wit and humor and an engaging story to boot! I really liked your dropping a hint to the tone of this with the "magic" ball and plop-plot, fiz-fiz. Too, funny, and oh so good, Joshua. Loren
Very clever. I enjoyed the twist your story took. You have a brother??
Josh, I love so many things about this fun story. You incorporated several aspects of memory, a touch of fantasy, and wonderful mis-direction and humor. Thanks for such an enjoyable read!