The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1362 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/29/08
I thought this was so cute...I loved the logic of sending the youngest first, LOL! Fantastic dialogue between the kids. Awesome ending. Great job!
05/30/08
Great beginning descriptions of this toad/frog especially "toads and frogs always made her afraid she might pop them if she wasn't careful" and then your "considered each other carefully…eye to bulgy eye." :) Then after your opening paragraph description I had to cringe a bit when she kissed him. :) I loved this, "a container of cottage cheese was cracked and bleeding white". I didn't know anyone still referred to them as "shoats" anymore. GREAT story; excellently written!
06/01/08
VERY creative and darling story, all the way from the title to the ending note. Well done!
06/02/08
OH so clever, with wonderful descriptions. I absolutely LOVED this piece - and that note made me laugh, Ms. Princess ;)
Ooo, my sisters and I loved playing with frogs, snakes, and jumping out of Grandma and Grandpa's loft into a pile of hay. Great story--brought back a lot of fun memories.
Well, done! We all had a Cuzin Princess, didn't we? Brought back many memories from my own childhood... Blessings, Cheri
06/02/08
Ah, loved this story! Excellent writing! So very funny! So, can you tell me? Did your toad ever turn into a prince?
This is such a cute story, and very believable. I could especially relate to the part about making Carl jump out of the hayloft first, since I was the youngest cousin, and had similar experiences. Nice job!
From start to finish this story had me grinning like a fool. Dialogue, descriptions and feel all top class. Aren't you lucky you're too big to spank now Missy :-)
06/02/08
One of the best hooks ever! This is a charming and delightful story.
I was always afraid of popping toads too when I used to pick them up. LOL. A very fun story that comes straight from the princess herself. Haha. :)
ROFL! Simply delightful! I loved this cute and funny adventures of these cousins! The beginning had me laughing all the way to the end. Great job! ^_^
Absolutley delightful, very believable story. Great job.
Well done and so much fun. Glad I got to read this dose of childhood memories.
06/04/08
Nice! A very cute story. I could picture all the events in my head as they happened.
06/07/08
Ah...so now we know. Confession is good for the soul, right?
A fun story and very real characters. Well done.