The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1579 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/08
What a wonderful woman—you've made her come alive. Well done.
04/25/08
Every child should be so blessed to have an "Aunt Nina" in her life. The descriptions, the characters, and the setting made this story so real, I could nearly smell the campfire.
04/26/08
Loved the description of the potatoes. You brought the scene and characters to life.
04/26/08
Wow. What wonderful memories here. Makes me wish I had had an aunt like this to do fun things with. Great job although sad at the end.
Laury
This is so good. It brought back many, many memories and through your words I re-tast, smell, feel and re-live everything with this wonderful family.
04/28/08
Outstanding characterization--you've made Aunt Nina likeable but not in the least bit sweet. I love people like that.
04/29/08
This was one of my absolute favorites this week. You can taste the earthiness of the campsite, the food, and the relationship between the two. Simply marvelous.
I would LOVE to have spent a weekend at a quiet, wooded lake with Aunt Nina! And your writing is so clear, uncluttered and descriptive that I felt as if I was right there.
I felt like a stowaway. What a day, what fond memories your MC have to cherish. Loved how the title fit in-it shows much of the wonderful aunt.
I didn't get to read this yesterday, but glad I didn't miss this. I liked this quirky Aunt Nina and especially the name Rosemarie. Very nice-lovely descriptions! Congrats on your EC! ^_^
05/01/08
Congrats on your EC!
05/01/08
Congratulations on your EC!!
05/01/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is very good--I want an Aunt Nina. Nice job with the topic.
Ann, once again congratulations on placing with this wonderful piece. It is an honor to share the EC with such talent as yours. Loren
05/02/08
Beautiful work Ann. Yet again you manage to make everything so real and up close, and you always choose the simple things to do so. You have a gift of teaching others how to appreciate it all.
05/02/08
This is a wonderful story and you told it so well. Congratulations.
Exquisite! There are so many lovely elements in this piece. One was "pondering the circular guestion." COngratulations on your well-deserved EC.