The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 812 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
Such a beautiful, beautiful story. A real tear jerker. Well written, this definitely could be the winner.
02/28/08
Your letter and tribute is beautiful and your entry very touching. This is well-titled and creative. I like your interspersed questions between paragraphs that set the tone for what follows. Your use of “Selah,“ a term from the Psalms, is effective. You’ve captured the love between this husband and wife and you've added the hope that Christians have. Very good writing with this.

02/29/08
Emotion is infused into every line of this story. I was a bit confused about the grandmother not marrying. Did she have a child out of wedlock then? Otherwise the grandchild would not exist, right?. A poignant and touching piece.
02/29/08
Beautifully written, so tender, so sad. Wonderful emotion.
03/02/08
This got my attention because this piece flows with showing while telling, and it is so moving and effective. Excellent work!
What a wonderful story. What a wonderful love story. I would love to have you share your love story with my many readers in the book I am currently working on: The Lord still speaks...to Lovers. A compilation of Christian love stories. Keep on writing, you do it so well!
Betty Overstreet
03/03/08
Truly a very nice love story, but several glaring mistakes or typos, like "married do to" should be due, or "when I was discovered"... maybe, when it was discovered I had cancer. A little more punctuation for flow and content editing this would be very good.
Lovely, lovely, lovely ... and not dark at all! I agree that you should seek a "buddy" to proofread your work. That will help with the typos and the spelling. If you can get that cleaned uo, you will have a wonderful story to submit for whoever the Lord leads it to.
Wonderful testimony, thanks for sharing!
03/04/08
I echo the sentiments above--this is outstanding! And I'll add that I love the title!
03/04/08
I echo the sentiments above--this is outstanding! And I'll add that I love the title!
Love this - what a blessing you've written. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Lovely sentiment, and such deep feeling in this piece. This was a very good read, and one I will remember.
03/05/08
I almost felt guilty for reading this love letter because of the emotion wrapped in each line. I really liked the line that read "As I lay my head upon your chest I memorized its tone" That really spoke of the tenderness between them.