The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1374 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like the leadership portrayed by this shepherd. The gun might have been a little extreme, especially when he was behaving in an unusual way, but very effective, I'm sure. Your story flowed well and kept my attention.
11/24/07
Fascinating story - I was as enraptured as the congregation. Good stuff.
11/24/07
Over 20 years ago,my Pastor Bob (a great mentor and friend)appeared in a little Lutheran church with not only COMBAT BOOTS on, but his whole National Guard uniform, including his unloaded RIFLE. At first, he was wearing his robe (but you could see his boots). To this day, I have to say that was the most impressive sermon on wearing the whole armor of God I have ever heard. The visuals are not to be forgotten and probably impacted me more than I can articulate. So...sometimes an imaginative man of the cloth might just do something way-out to make a point. This story puts me in mind of him! He would not be above using a water pistol if it made a lasting point. :0)
11/25/07
Ha! I think I'd be keeping an eye trained on the back door during a sermon like this one! Unique story and a unique way to get a congregation's attention.
11/26/07
This was -- awesome! Very creative and it made me laugh.
Laury