The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1550 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/07
Spot on perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent job of describing the emotions of those here at home while loved ones are away, AND the power of anointed, sincere encouragement that sustains us. Inspiring piece of writing. God bless.
11/16/07
This is really good. So sweet. Encouragement from children -- perfect. Nice job with the topic.
11/16/07
Perfect title for this powerful piece. I could feel the emotions rawly throughout. Excellent.
This is really well written - I could feel the mother's desparation, and then her encouragement through a little child's prayer. Beautiful story.
Great reminder of how simple encouragement can be...even a child can do it.
11/19/07
Everything semed so wrong, and then everything that mattered showed itself to be so right. Such wonderful encouragement for a mother.
11/20/07
This is a reality for many of our military families. I'm glad you wrote about it. I like the names you used. (Beth) :) (but not sure about the greasy hair :) . I also liked that you refered to "agreeing in prayer". Very well done!
Your story brought back some very poignant memories of times when my children encouraged me so sweetly. I remember at the time being so amazed at God's choice. Wonderful writing and underlying message.
11/21/07
It's true that children can often be the best source of encouragement for their mother. You really engaged my sympathies for your MC, and the frustration she was dealing with as a temporary single parent.