The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1496 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You have painted a picture of a tough situation. As Christians we have to hold one another accountable, but we are also accountable to Christ to forgive and restore the repentant one.
10/19/07
This is how we should be with our brothers and sisters when they fall, but I wonder how often we're really like this. Good writing kept me involved in this story right from the first sentence.
10/20/07
What a story of repentance and acceptance. If every situation could end up this way. Wonderful.
10/21/07
Your title drew me in being the coffee diva that I am! I was very moved by the forgiveness of this group of people.
10/22/07
A good story of repentance and forgiveness.
10/23/07
This was a good story and I love its real picture of a troubled man. I like the title and I like the concept of "tough love" shown by the pastor. Great work!
10/23/07
Great structure with the flashbacks...very effective.

I think you could have ended it two sentences sooner, and let the reader draw the conclusions.

Grat job with this guy's internal voice, and I love the title. This is a strong entry.
10/23/07
This story made me sad because of similar situations in my family, but also reminded me that sometimes drastic measures are necessary before people are willing to repent. I like that Your MC made that choice.
This is a good story of true forgiveness and fellowship. Your young people set wonderful examples for the wayward flock member. Well done.
I like the way the MC was repentant and was forgiven. Excellent picture of our Father's forgiveness.
Nice title and a good story. I like the little flashbacks and the MC's dialouge. My fave character was Michelle though-^_^ Good job!
Good story and message - raw and real. I especially liked the way the MC was forgiven without prejudice. Also the fact that the pastor knew the best way to handle the situation with the MC when it was first presented to him. Not everyone would have the courage to do this.
10/25/07
This a classic example of how many run from what they need most. Good job.
10/26/07
Thank God for tough love. We all need it at some stage of our lives.
This story is a good way to teach some of the principles of church life. It's a hobby-horse of mine - the Power of the Narrative in teaching. Well done.
Perhaps a scripture reference for that bit about "... delivered to Satan for the destruction of the flesh..."? Not sure what's missing there. To newcomers it may be an unfamiliar and an alarming concept and practice.
10/27/07
Thanks Dave.
Here's the two scriptures that inspired this article:

1 Corinthians 5:5 Hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

1 Timothy 1:20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.
I really enjoyed this. I like the flashback format. It was very effective. This is a very creative entry for fellowship. You showed true Christian fellowship can include tough love.

Great entry for your last one in advanced. Welcome to masters!