The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1236 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/25/05
I bet you ate the cupcake...
Seriously, I loved the story
01/26/05
Wow! I don't know that you could get any more personal. Thank you for the brief glimpse. This was really well written.
01/27/05
Well-written; full of suspense! We all have those same choices everyday, making the right ones is always the struggle. Great choice for "desire." Joanne
01/27/05
A really penetrating look at our everyday struggles. Well written and engaging. I'm glad you kept the ending a secret. By the way - tell your wife to hide the catalog!
God bless you for being honest and transparent in this well written piece.
01/30/05
This is a stellar piece, in both content and presentation. I'm glad I read it. Keeping your choice a secret was a brilliant move.

>> ...his five-year-old soccer practice...<<

That cupcake must have been rock hard! I mean, he got it at a practice that happened five years ago? Wow. :)

Thanks for posting. It's well worth reading.
Excellent! I loved reading this. And the ending was priceless. I'm glad you left us wondering. Congratulations on a well deserved win!
01/31/05
Phil, congratulations on both your wins - 1st place in the Level 3 Champion Challenge and 3rd place in the Editors' Choice. That is really a credit to you - well done! I hope you'll get a release signed and sent into FaithWriters so that your story can be included in the next Anthology (as an Editors' Choice winner). Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing many entries from you in the future. With love, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)