The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1362 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/07
I loved this story! I could just see Gretel--the wonderfully forgetful yet wise old saint with her fuzzy bedroom slippers. Beautiful, vivid descriptions of all the characters--especially the homeless man and the little girl. Great dialogue, too. I could just see them and hear them--everyone in this story came alive for me, as though I were there.

Terrific message about the wisdom and compassion of God that can bloom in even those the world would consider "confused."

Intriguing title, too. Great job!
08/24/07
Dittos to everything in the above comment. How you managed to capture so much within the word limit is simply wonderful. This is masterful writing!
08/25/07
Simply wonderful! I love the spunk of this precious old lady with her fuzzy slippers. And I love the message that an impaired mind isn't indicative of an impaired soul. Thanks for making my day with this beautiful story.
08/27/07
Ditto, everything from the previous reviewers, not sure if the lines were necessary though. This one is definitely a winner.
08/27/07
Oh, do I ever LOVE this! Absolutely masterful storytelling. One of my very favorites this week.
08/30/07
Beautiful story! Congrats on being highly commended!!
08/31/07
Nicely done! Congrats on your Highly Commended!
09/06/07
Lovely story. :)